Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pore's runneth over?

Pores you could park a car in?

I got this super tip from a Korean pedicurist: scrub your face with toothpaste. As we get older, our pores get larger. Some of us already have pores that are large and accumulate noticeable dirt. This little trick is an oil free cleanser to get the road dirt out of the pores and the mint snaps those puppies closed tight when you're done. It feels awesome in the summer. If the mint is too intense try a fennel or other whole foodsy flavor. Keep It away from your eyes (DUH!) Do not use cinnamon toothpastes as they can cause a burning sensation and possible photo sensitivity.

Skin a little red , puffy, hungover?

Pepto Bismal to the rescue! Not for your tummy, for your face! Pepto abysmal or milk of magnesia make a great mask to reduce puffiness or redness in the skin. If you have ever had a bout with rosacea or done a work-out in Austin TX you know how hot the skin can feel sometimes. Use the generic stuff from the dollar store and dab it on with some cotton balls, sit for as long as you like, and rinse.

Frown got you down? Turn it upside down!
Try a little preparation H on those forehead and eyebrow creases. Some argue that it only has a temporary effect, but I know many gay men who swear buy this stuff. My leather friends tell me they rub it all over themselves to tighten skin and accentuate muscles. I wouldn't go that far, but I would use it on my face before spending too much on a jar of "oil of Old lady", if you get my drift.

Now before trying any of this stuff on your face, do an allergy test in the crook of your elbow. I learned the hard way that I was allergic to the shark oil they put in diaper rash cream. I will never make that mistake again!


No comments:

Post a Comment